I'd like to compliment you on the excellent workmanship and design of the bench and cushion that I bought recently. I had purchased a cushion previously from you as Zafu! Zafu! The bevel cut of the legs so that you can rock it is just brilliant! Congratulations.
Sharon, Thornhill, Ontario Canada
Why do I need a meditation bench?
Even if you already own a meditation cushion, we highly recommend one of these benches as a relief posture during long retreats. They’re also exceptionally handy for taking along to the office, beach or cottage.
• unique proprietary leg design – designed & thoroughly tested at over 20 intensive zen sesshin* by our master bench-maker (and highly recommended)
• beautifully hand-crafted right here in Canada • sturdy, yet light and portable, and easily fits into your suitcase for travel
Which size of meditation bench is right for me?
5′ 10″ +_
5′ 0″ –
Back of bench
Front of bench
All benches are standard width of 18″. Anyone who has trouble sitting cross-legged, but can still kneel on the floor should be able to use our benches comfortably.
* zen sesshin – an intensive multi-day silent retreat with over 10 hours of formal meditation daily
Our bench-making process takes time and lots of care
• one or two times a year, we hand select premium kiln-dried and graded White Pine
• our bench stock inventory is stored by us in climate-controlled conditions, then carefully inspected, and, according to its individual nature, carefully hand-crafted into a kneeling or prayer bench (unfinished, so you can let them age gracefully and naturally) • each artisan specializes in a different process during the making of your bench, to ensure it meets our exceptional NORTH standards