Poplar Meditation Bench: All Canadian
ARTISAN-CRAFTED IN CANADA by NORTH ™
Simple, original design, sturdy, wonderful!
• It is perfect
• I am thrilled with the support it seems to give my posture
• The bench is perfect size
Sharon, Thornhill, Ontario Canada
I'd like to compliment you on the excellent workmanship and design of the bench and cushion that I bought recently. I had purchased a cushion previously from you as Zafu! Zafu! The bevel cut of the legs so that you can rock it is just brilliant! Congratulations.
Poplar trees [Liriodendron tulipifera] are native to Ontario. This is a durable wood, heavier than pine, slightly yellow or green, typically with a straight uniform grain. Also known as the Tulip Tree because of their tulip-like flowers.
• unique proprietary leg design – designed & thoroughly tested at over 20 intensive zen sesshin* by our master bench-maker (and highly recommended)
• beautifully hand-crafted right here in Canada
• sturdy, medium-weight and portable, and easily fits into your suitcase for travel
|Your height___||5′ 10″ +_||_average_||5′ 0″ –|
|Back of bench||9.00″||7.00||5.00|
|Front of bench||8.25″||6.50||4.75|
All benches are standard width of 17.5″. Anyone who has trouble sitting cross-legged, but can still kneel on the floor should be able to use our benches comfortably.
* zen sesshin – an intensive multi-day silent retreat with over 10 hours of formal meditation daily
• one or two times a year, we hand select premium kiln-dried and graded POPLAR
• our bench stock inventory is stored by us in climate-controlled conditions, then carefully inspected, and, according to its individual nature, carefully hand-crafted into a kneeling or prayer bench (unfinished – wood will darken as it ages)
• each artisan specializes in a different process during the making of your bench, to ensure it meets our exceptional NORTH standards
* shipping & taxes are added in checkout
We're on an extended retreat from May - Sep 2018 Dismiss